Eat them up, yum!



I remember watching this clip on TV when I was in my teen years. I remember also, I didn't understand it and that I couldn't find any coherent explanation to it other than it was some kind of 'art'. A very strange one. Later, while studying, reading and writing about the different art movements throughout time, I understood one of the most important premises of it: it is not mandatory for it to have an explanation in order to be art. Furthermore, it does not need to have a reason or a rationale, nor any kind of background theory to be a masterpiece. Recently, thanks to internet and sites like YouTube, I was able to find the clip again and some other info on it's creators, Barnes & Barnes which seem to be some kind of dark left-side artist of the 80's, with strong influence from The Residents. A mix of disturbing, weird and silly.

Barnes & Barnes, fictional twin brothers Art & Artie Barnes, are a "novelty rock" duo based in Lumania, a fictional mythological civilization (similar to Lemuria or Atlantis). Most of their music is standard Rock or Pop with heavy comedic elements, hence their inclusion in the "novelty rock" genre. Their real-life alter egos, Robert Haimer and Bill Mumy, are based in Los Angeles, California, USA. Mumy is also well known for playing Will Robinson in the TV series Lost in Space and Lennier in "Babylon 5."

Fish heads, fish heads
Roly-poly fish heads

Fish heads, fish heads

Eat them up, yum!

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Coloured Time

20 years ago

38