Folkish romance

Just wanted to throw a couple lines here before I forget about this great movie I just saw for the second time almost by accident. It's not my kind of flick, I know, but same thing happened with Amelie. Yes, this is a musical, and yes, it is about some kind of romance, but what makes it actually good and interesting (at least for me) is that they get together because they both are amateur musicians and almost without wanting it, they connect deeply through the simplicity of their shared music. For me, there are 2 moments on the film that are really worthy: when they jam for the first time at the music shop, and the first take of the first song in the studio. Those 2 moments really reached me, and the funniest part is that the music is not even close to the kind I like -it's folk!
Oh, and the spoiler: they don't stay together, which made the movie even better...

Popular posts from this blog

Honey Coloured Time

20 years ago

38