Really creepy Lynch



I'm not a huge fan of scary movies, although I love dark suspense and obscure wicked ones, but I actually enjoy the good creepy ones that can really drive your nerves to the edge. But, how do I know if a flick is scary enough to be put on that shelf, or if it's just childish crap? I simply put myself in the shoes of the character going through the traumatic experience in the film, and if I feel I would break into millions of tiny little shaking pieces, then it's a film worth of my collection (not that my so-called 'collection' is something else, but I try the best I can).
This 'barometer' has showed me, pretty accurately I must say, that films like 'Blair's Witch Project', 'The Shining', 'Henry' and of course 'The Exorcist' fall into that category really well. Another one of my favorites is 'Lost Highway', although I wouldn't call it a 'scary' movie, it's more like a 'creepy' one. Lynch's at his best. Here is a superb scene from it, with Robert Blake as a really disturbing modern-day evil creature. Enjoy.


What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black which points at me

Turn around quick, and start to run

Find out I'm the chosen one
Oh no

Big black shape with eyes of fire
Telling people their desire
Satan's sitting there, he's smiling
Watches those flames get higher and higher
Oh no, no, please God help me

Is it the end, my friend?
Satan's coming 'round the bend
people running 'cause they're scared
The people better go and beware
No, no, please, no



Popular posts from this blog

Honey Coloured Time

20 years ago

38